The TCA peel is an advanced, non-surgical skin care treatment that’s increasing in popularity among patients today. Through the use of a safe, potent chemical solution, a TCA peel can help you shed dull, damaged skin to reveal a glowing, healthy complexion.
What Is a TCA Peel?
A TCA peel is a type of chemical peel that uses trichloroacetic acid, or TCA. TCA is a non-toxic chemical that, when applied in a peel, causes the top layer of the skin to peel off. This helps your skin get rid of dead cells and replenish them with new, healthy skin cells.
Chemical peels are categorized as superficial, medium, or deep in strength. TCA peels are categorized as medium-strength. So while TCA peels are not for home use, one of our skin care specialists can administer a TCA peel for maximum safety and effectiveness.
Unlike other chemical peels, TCA peels are potent enough to produce visible results in a single treatment. You’ll notice an improvement to your skin’s tone and texture immediately after treatment, with results becoming more visible as your skin heals.
TCA peels take approximately 30 minutes to complete. For one to two weeks after treatment, you’ll experience peeling and crusting of the skin. As your skin heals, be sure to avoid sun exposure and check in with our specialists to streamline the healing process.
What Can TCA Peels Be Used to Treat?
TCA peels are effective in the treatment of various skin concerns, including:
Scarring, including acne scars
- Hyperpigmentation, freckles, and discoloration
- Sun-damaged skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough skin texture
What Are the Benefits of a TCA Peel?
- A TCA peel can reduce the appearance of deep skin imperfections, including acne scarring.
- After a TCA peel, your skin will not only appear brighter, but also feel softer and smoother to the touch.
- TCA peels provide more dramatic, visible results than milder types of chemical peels.
- TCA peels can help reduce signs of skin aging in older patients.
- By removing the outer layer of dead skin cells, TCA peels help your skin more effectively absorb skin care products.
Are you interested in the benefits that a TCA peel can bring to your skin? If so, contact us today to learn more about this exciting treatment option.