At Marcadis Watt Plastic Surgery in Tampa, we offer Kybella as an advanced treatment for excess fat beneath the chin. Learn more about the benefits of Kybella treatment below.
What Is Kybella Treatment?
Kybella is a medication prescribed by your doctor or plastic surgeon to eliminate excess fat beneath the chin. It’s an injection consisting of deoxycholic acid, a molecule that occurs naturally in the human body. The body’s ability to break down and absorb dietary fat is greatly aided by deoxycholic acid.
Technically referred to as submental fat and often called a “double chin” by patients, excess fat under the chin can have many causes. In some people, submental fat is present throughout their lives. For others, it only occurs in older age.
Some of the main causes of submental fat under the chin include:
- Weight gain
- Genetic factors
How Does Kybella Work?
Deoxycholic acid, as aforementioned, is a substance that helps the body break down fat. When it’s injected beneath the chin in Kybella treatment, it targets submental fat to help the body naturally get rid of it.
Kybella will lead to the breakdown of fat cells at the injection site. Once fat cells are broken down and absorbed by the body, they’re no longer able to store fat. This process minimizes the presence of under-chin fat.
Your doctor may advise multiple Kybella treatments to reach your desired results. At least one month should separate each treatment, and you shouldn’t undergo more than six treatments in total.
What Are the Benefits of Kybella?
Kybella is a unique and effective treatment to give you a slim, youthful profile. The main benefits of Kybella include:
- It’s the sole FDA-approved injection to treat submental fat under the chin.
- Kybella eliminates the problem of under-chin fat instead of masking it. Since the injection will destroy fat cells under the chin, submental fat is unlikely to reappear in the area and results are lasting.
- Kybella is a minimally-invasive and non-surgical treatment option.
- Kybella treatment is fast, with a single session lasting just 20 to 30 minutes.
- If you’re still experiencing a double chin after following a healthy diet and exercise routine, Kybella could help you reach your aesthetic goals.
At Marcadis Watt Plastic Surgery, we’re happy to help you determine if Kybella treatment is right for you. We can develop a treatment plan that’s designed especially to achieve your goals for submental fat under the chin. Contact us today to learn more about this effective treatment option.