Dermal fillers are injectable gels that work to diminish signs of aging. These non-invasive treatments provide beautiful results without the need for recovery time, making them a popular, cost-efficient choice among patients today.
How Do Fillers Work?
Dermal fillers can be made from a variety of different naturally-occurring substances. But, the most common filler ingredients are hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, polymethylmethacrylate, and poly-l-lactic acid. In a dermal filler, one of these ingredients is formulated into a gel-like substance, then injected beneath the skin.
As we age, our skin loses volume and hydration. But, the naturally occurring ingredients in dermal fillers are designed to restore it by boosting the skin with a hydrating substance. Depending on the unique filler formula, the depth of the injection, and the treatment area, fillers can reduce the appearance of signs of skin aging including:
- Lost volume in the lips
- Lost volume in the contours of the face
- Facial lines, folds, and wrinkles
- Atrophic scars
- Sagging skin
- Under-eye bags
Many dermal fillers are also collagen stimulators. This means that the injection will trigger the skin’s natural collagen-producing process. With higher collagen stores, your skin will become tighter, brighter, and more elastic.
What Fillers Are Available?
At Marcadis Watt, we offer these leading dermal fillers:
- JUVÉDERM® VOLUMA XC
- JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA XC
- JUVÉDERM® VOLLURE XC
- JUVÉDERM® ULTRA XC
Other types of fillers beyond the seven listed above have been developed are available to patients today. Talk to one of our specialists to learn more about dermal fillers that can work for you.
What Are The Benefits of Fillers?
Dermal fillers provide numerous benefits to patients seeking a more youthful appearance:
- As a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment, fillers are low-risk and won’t cause scarring from incisions.
- After dermal filler treatment, no downtime is required. You can return to your regular schedule immediately.
- Dermal fillers can typically be administered in just 20 to 30 minutes.
- Improvement to the appearance of your skin will be visible immediately after treatment.
- The changes to your appearance after filler treatment are subtle; it won’t appear obvious that you’ve undergone a cosmetic treatment.
- Results from some dermal fillers can last as long as a year or more.
Interested in the benefits that dermal fillers can give to you? Contact us today to learn more about this non-surgical cosmetic treatment option.