Dermaplaning is a cosmetic treatment that exfoliates your skin with a small blade. By promoting cell turnover, dermaplaning can leave your skin feeling softer, smoother, and more radiant. This advanced exfoliating treatment can be used to treat a wide variety of skin concerns, from scarring to signs of aging.
What Does Dermaplaning Involve?
In a dermaplaning treatment, a sterile exfoliating blade is gently moved across the surface of your skin at a 45-degree angle, removing any fine facial hair (peach fuzz) and the outer layer of dead skin cells. This in-office procedure is usually completed in only 20 to 30 minutes.
Impurities in the air, stress, aging, and sun exposure can all give the skin a dull, unhealthy appearance. Dermaplaning counteracts this problem by shaving off damaged skin cells, giving new, healthy cells the opportunity to surface. By getting rid of the top layer of cells, dermaplaning also spurs the production of new skin cells for a healthy, glowing complexion.
Results from dermaplaning generally last for three weeks. You can return to your doctor for periodic treatments as skin cells continue to die and resurface.
What Can Dermaplaning Be Used to Treat?
Dermaplaning can help reduce the appearance of:
- Acne scars
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Age spots
- Sun damage
What Are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
- You won’t feel any pain or discomfort during a dermaplaning treatment (some patients report a slight tingling feeling).
- Dermaplaning improves the texture of your skin, making it smooth to the touch.
- Your skin will appear brighter, healthier, and more youthful after a single dermaplaning session.
- No downtime is required after a dermaplaning treatment; you can return to your regular schedule immediately.
- Dermaplaning is a quick treatment that typically takes half an hour or less.
- Dermaplaning can reduce the appearance of deep acne scars and facial wrinkles.
- Side effects from dermaplaning are rare and very mild. Patients may experience minor redness in the treatment area for a few hours after the procedure.
Dermaplaning is a convenient and low-risk procedure to make your complexion smooth and radiant. Contact us today to learn more about dermaplaning and how it can fit into your skincare regimen.