Most people are familiar with Botox as it has been around for over 15 years. The experts at Watt Plastic Surgery in Tampa can assess and guide you to achieve your desired outcome. Learn more about how Botox works and the benefits it offers below.
What Is Botox?
Botox is a cosmetic treatment designed to reduce the appearance of moderate to severe wrinkles.
Wrinkles can appear with age as the skin becomes thinner and less elastic. Environmental factors can also cause wrinkles, such as sun damage and free radical damage, but another big contributor to the development of wrinkles is muscle activity in the face.
Frowning, squinting, and raising your eyebrows can lead to the folding and furrowing of skin. Over time, this can cause facial lines to develop. Botox is designed to offset this cause of moderate to severe facial lines.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox works by minimizing targeted muscle activity beneath the skin that’s causing lines and wrinkles. Specifically, Botox keeps nerve signals from reaching the muscles in the treatment area. With less muscle activity beneath the skin, your complexion will appear smoother and more youthful.
With Botox treatment, your doctor will administer injections into the treatment area. Botox treatment is minimally-invasive, and the risk for side effects is very low. Anesthesia isn’t required for Botox treatment because the needle used to administer the injections is very fine for minimal discomfort.
What Are the Benefits of Botox?
There are several benefits of Botox treatment for people experiencing moderate to severe facial lines, including:
- Botox is an FDA-approved formula for temporarily improving the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines.
- Botox treatment can be completed in just 10 minutes, and minimal downtime is required.
- Results from Botox treatment are visible in just 24 to 48 hours and last for up to 4 months.
- Oftentimes, lines and wrinkles are less visible even after Botox results have faded. This is because the facial muscles will shrink with repeated treatment.
- Botox is the top-selling treatment of its kind available today.
- Botox is a trusted brand and delivers consistent, subtle results.
Botox may be a great cosmetic treatment option for people with facial lines and wrinkles. Contact Watt Plastic Surgery today to learn if Botox treatment is right for you.