The biomedic micropeel is one of our most popular skincare treatments. It’s a light, chemical, exfoliating peel using retinoic acid and either lactic or glycolic acid. This formula restores and maintains your optimal skin health for a soft texture and refined appearance.
How Do Biomedic Micropeels Work?
Biomedic micropeels include dermaplaning and a light chemical peel to restore the health of your skin.
This treatment starts with dermaplaning, an exfoliating technique using a small, sterile blade. This blade is gently swept over the surface of your skin, removing fine hairs and the outer layer of dead skin cells. By removing dead, damaged skin cells, dermaplaning helps your skin produce new, healthy cells for a refreshed appearance.
After dermaplaning, the chemical peel will be applied to your skin. Your doctor will help you decide which formulation is right for your skin. Glycolic and lactic acid are both exfoliating acids, but glycolic acid is slightly stronger. For those with sensitive skin, lactic acid can provide exfoliating benefits and gentle moisturize the skin without causing irritation.
Our biomedic micropeel also includes salicylic acid, another chemical exfoliant that penetrates the surface of the skin. This makes it a wonderful treatment for acne, environmental skin damage, and prematurely aged skin.
It’s normal to experience several days of mild flaking, peeling, and dryness after a biomedic micropeel treatment. This peel speeds up cell turnover, so it takes time for new, healthy skin cells to surface.
What Can a Biomedic Micropeel Be Used For?
Our biomedic micropeel can help in the treatment of:
- Acne, including whiteheads, blackheads, and cystic acne
- Skin damage from the sun and other environmental factors
- Discoloration, hyperpigmentation, and age spots
- Signs of aging in the skin
- Rough skin texture
What Are the Benefits of a Biomedic Micropeel?
- This peel deeply penetrates the skin to restore a smooth, healthy complexion.
- A biomedic micropeel will help to eliminate damaged skin.
- This micopeel is safe and effective for all skin types.
- The formula spurs the skin’s natural healing process to help you recover from common conditions like acne, environmental damage, and discoloration.
- No downtime is required after a biomedic micropeel; you can return to your regular schedule immediately.
As one of our most in-demand skin care treatments, a biomedic micropeel can benefit people with all different skin concerns. Contact us today to learn more about biomedic micropeel treatment.